There is one oceanside town after the next on the eastern shore of the United States, but some continue to stand out from the crowd. Wildwood, New Jersey is one of them.
Located in Cape May County, Wildwood has long been a popular summer vacation destination (both among locals and travelers from all over the world).
Despite a year-round population hovering around 5,000, the city can grow to as many as 250,000 people during the busy summer months.
If all this sounds intriguing, here are five more things to know about Wildwood, NJ:
- The Wildwoods includes four distinct communities situated on Wildwood island: City of North Wildwood, Borough of West Wildwood, Wildwood Crest, and the City of Wildwood.
- The Wildwoods Shore Resort Historic District is one of a kind. Home to approximately 200 motels built during the 1950s and 1960s, visiting this historic district is a blast from the past.
- The city itself only covers an area of 1.394 square miles, however, there’s so much to see and do you’ll never realize just how small it is.
- The Wildwood Boardwalk is world famous, featuring hundreds of shops, amusement parks, and three piers. Depending on the time of year, you may even come across a concert or special event on the boardwalk. At 1.8 miles long, you can spend hours on end checking everything out.
- Wildwood is regularly named one of the best beaches in New Jersey, thanks in large part to the size, amenities, and safety.
Although there are many similar vacation destinations to consider on the east coast (especially around New Jersey), Wildwood remains one of the best.
If you’ve never visited Wildwood in the past, it may be time to pack up and take a closer look. You may soon find that this is the vacation spot you’ve been dreaming of.