Although you may not consider Charlotte, North Carolina a top vacation destination, there are many things to do in and around the city. Once you spend some time in The Queen City, don’t be surprised if you find yourself planning your next trip for the near future.
With that in mind, let’s examine some of the many things to do in Charlotte:
- Lake Norman. Do you enjoy fishing? How about boating? What about water sports? If you’re looking for some fun in the sun, Lake Norman is the place for you. It doesn’t matter if you spend your time on the shoreline or on a boat in the middle of the lake, you’re sure to have a good time.
- The North Carolina Zoological Park. Although it’s roughly 85 miles from Charlotte, it’s well worth the hour in the car. As the world’s largest zoo, you won’t have any problem spending hours on end at this attraction.
- NASCAR Hall of Fame. Are you a big NASCAR fan? If so, you can’t go wrong with this attraction. You’ll enjoy every last aspect of this venue, including the interactive exhibits, artifacts, and racecar simulators.
- The Billy Graham Library. It may not be “your thing,” but that shouldn’t stop you from giving this attraction a second look. The exhibits, films, and history in general will have you wanting more as you make your way through the many attractions.
- BB&T Ballpark. It may not be a MLB venue, but BB&T Ballpark still has plenty to offer. It’s home to the Charlotte Knights, the Triple-A affiliate of the Chicago White Sox. There’s no bad seat in the house and the food is to die for. A day (or night) at this park is always an enjoyable experience.
So, there you have it. Before you cross Charlotte off your list of destinations to visit, you’ll want to consider the fun you can have at one or more of these attractions.
Have you spent any time in Charlotte in the past? Did you enjoy your experience? Share your feedback in the comment section below.